With 2017 approaching, everyone wants to make a shift. Weather it’s eating better or simply cooking more… we all can use a reminder of what’s important. Here are my top 6 tips to getting into a better mindset towards self acceptance and being in the now. Cheers to a happier, healthier 2017!!!
1. Know that everybody makes mistakes. It’s part of learning who we are and what we are made of. Mistakes will never go away, so change your perspective and accept that it’s part of your path.
2. Know that your body is a gift. Choose to nourish it with positive self talk and nutritious foods. The positive payoff will shock you!
3. Know that the past is the past. Past experiences have led you to who you are at this moment. That itself, is beautiful.
4. Know that what other people think about you is none of your business. The sooner you realize this, the happier you’ll be.
5. Know that you have responsibility. Thoughts, actions and words have consequences. Taking responsibility shows maturity, growth and care. Say sorry when you’re wrong and always forgive. Forgiving doesn’t mean forgetting and that what happened was ok. It means, you’re not willing to be in handcuffs with the negative situation. Forgiving means letting go for your own good.
6. Know that this moment is yours. There will never be anything like it. See the good, feel the love AND pain and know that this too shall pass. Be present and know that you deserve it all.